Thursday, March 4, 2010

Out for Drinks with the Whole Gang

As my time in Singapore is drawing to a close, my whole office (minus Anu who was out sick today) went to have drinks at my other co-worker, Sam's Private Club, The Singapore Recreation Club. We all left the office (almost on-time, of course, everyone was waiting on me with a last minute client email), caught the bus and took a quick walk to the Club.


We enjoyed drinks, great food (clearly need to list it out so I can explain what's in each):

  • satay (chicken and mutton with the best peanut sauce - totally the food I'll miss most),


  • white and black fried carrot cake (which is radish, eggs and flour, I know, not what you are thinking... no one knows why they call it "carrot cake"),


  • rojak (salad with fruits, fried dough fritters, turnips, bean sprouts in a prawn paste),


  • fried dumplings with fish and spices


  • prawns (minced up in a ball with spices)

It was a wonderful night, I'll totally miss everyone when I head back to the States. But, first, I'm heading to Taipei this weekend to visit my cousins and see the city! Can't wait, will post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment