Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home in Singapore


I arrived safely in Singapore last night. I left 11:45 am ET on Friday, Nov. 13 and arrived Sunday, Nov. 15 at 1 am local time. Once the sun came up this morning, I unpacked and settled in my new place.
After that, I checked out the city around me and went grocery shopping. I was in need of a few essentials like water, bread and toilet paper. :) There is an open air shopping center right around the corner so I bought some local fruit - delicious - and the essentials.
After looking around, I decided to explore my own building and found the gym. It is located on the 31st floor, so working out was fun and educational. I oriented myself with the surrounding skyscrapers.

A few differences I see from Atlanta to Singapore:
  1. Bread in Singapore is about half as big as the U.S.
  2. Cars and escalators are opposite sides than in U.S.
  3. People on the street are super friendly in Singapore - saying hello as they pass you by
  4. Most everything is written in English, but there is a lot of Chinese writing as well
  5. Florida OJ is about $8 Singapore dollars
More to come as I explore the city more...






No comments:

Post a Comment