Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back into the Singapore Routine

This is my second weekend back in Singapore. I came back over for about 6 more weeks. This trip is without Matt, because we decided it's best for him to finish up his last semester of Grad school. So, I'll be keeping up the blog from Singapore, with guest posts from Matt in Atlanta. He's busy writing his thesis, studying and teaching underclassmen.
Last weekend, after church, I walked up Orchard Road to see the Botanical Gardens here. They reminded me a lot of a tropical Piedmont Park - local Singaporeans were hanging out with friends on picnic blankets and throwing frisbees.
The Singapore Botanical Gardens are huge and have been here for 150 years, "connecting plants and people" - I thought that was cute. The entrance I walked in was next to Swan Lake and wrapped around to a Bonsai attraction and lots of different beautiful trees and plants from the tropics. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon, too bad the humidity and temperature were nearly unbearable. I got some dinner to-go afterwards at the Hard Rock and while I was waiting, I apparently looked like I had been outside all afternoon because the bartender offered me water while I waited. :)



1 comment: